Wednesday 15 October 2014

Food, Glorious Food!

Time for more food!

A few weeks back I gave in for the first time and got a take away on my way home from work so I didn't have to cook (we all have lazy days) and it had been a long time since I'd had a Chinese roast so I stopped by Same Happy down Donegall Pass to get a triple roast with boiled rice. The staff spoke Cantonese so that was nice and easy and it cost me £10. Ok, so £10 isn't a small number and with the size of my little package I wasn't too convinced at first.

However, looks can be deceiving. As I unboxed it I found that they had packed a lot into what looks like a small container! 

I had three bowls of rice for dinner and still had 1 and a half's worth of food left to take out for lunch with me the following day! Now's that's getting your moneys worth!

***

Now to share a super lazy meal! I got home from work one day and couldn't really be bothered but I was hungry. What do? 
The ONLY thing to make is boiled rice with steamed chicken and Chinese mushrooms! Seriously, this is the quickest and simplest thing. Put your rice cooker on, wait until it starts to bubble and them spread the chicken and mushrooms out on top of the bubbling rice and wait for it to be cooked! I like spring onions in mine so I tossed some in at the end.
For those who are interested, the mushrooms and chicken were marinaded in salt (half teaspoon), sugar, mirin, soy sauce and oyster sauce (one teaspoon of each),


No comments:

Post a Comment