Sunday 13 April 2014

Geek Meet - Keeping it in the family

Aiya!!! Enchanted left me with VERY little time to work on my Geek Meet outfit. Ages ago I decided on a Lord of the Rings Elven theme and after Enchanted, I only have the accessories....

I botched up the bodice so in the end I decided to make a skirt. I FINALLY got my 'Ultimate Ruffler' and good god, you don't call it the ultimate ruffler for no reason - it's a BEAST!
At least 5 needles were lost to this monster...

My skirt the night before O___O

I finally finished just after noon on the day of the meet - thank god the meet was in the afternoon ^^'

Geek Meet inspiration:
I couldn't really decide which Elf I wanted to be. Arwen's necklace I felt was the most iconic and recognisable accessory so I knew I definitely wanted to have that in the co-ord. However, I wanted to create an ethereal feel with floaty whites and creams so in the end I decided to 'keep it in the family' and incorporate aspects of Arwen, Elrond and Galadriel.
The idea is was 'if Galadriel wore Lolita, what could it look like?'. It had to be floaty and have lots of soft ruffles! The lilac accents are inspired by Arwen  and the hairstyle is like Elrond's. Sadly I didn't take a proper photo of the back of my hair :<
The oddest thing was having my forehead out (I actually have a three-head) but I searched and searched but Elves just don't have fringes!

The meet itself was very nice and chilled starting with photos which were VERY chilly , food at Trinity Kitchen and then card games and alcoholic beverages at FAB! 


Rivendell Elves - Keeping it in the Family Co-ord


Hairpieces: New Look and eBay
Necklace: eBay
Top: Primark
Shawl: Handmade
Skirt: Handmade
Shoes: eBay

I hope I succeeded!

No comments:

Post a Comment